IPM France has just been certified for its CSR, Corporate Social Responsibility policy by the independent EcoVadis organisation, an expert in the corporate and environmental assessment of suppliers.
Through its Silver rating, the company is one of the 30% best rated by EcoVadis.
The EcoVadis assessment makes it possible to measure and show a company's CSR performance on a detailed scale. It guarantees maximum credibility and control. The purpose of this rating system, which brings together buyers and suppliers, is to accelerate the development of sustainable business.
The term CSR refers to sustainable development issues applied to companies. The ISO 26000 standard defines CSR as follows:
An organization's responsibility for the impact of its decisions and activities on society and the environment, resulting in transparent and ethical behaviour that:
- contributes to sustainable development, including public health and well-being
- takes into account stakeholder expectations
- complies with applicable laws and is compatible with international standards
- and is integrated throughout the organization and implemented in its relationships.
The ISO 26000 standard focuses on the following 6 themes:
- Human rights
- Workplace relationships and conditions
- The environment
- Loyal practices
- Consumer issues
- Communities and local development.